Attendance & Cancellation Policies
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel with less than 24-hours notice, or inadvertently miss your lesson, the lesson will be charged in full.
- In the event of inclement weather or illness on the day of your lesson, please call by 8 a.m. to cancel your lesson.
- If a rider misses 2 lessons without proper cancellation they will forfeit their lesson spot.
- Lessons can only be cancelled by calling Blue Rider Stables at 413-528-5299 or emailing
- In an effort to keep our tight lesson schedule running smoothly, please arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your lesson is set to begin.
- If you arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your lesson, please stay in your vehicle until 5-10 minutes before your lesson is set to begin.
- If this is your first lesson, please stay near your vehicle so we can make sure all the paperwork is completed and that your helmet fits properly.
- Arriving after the lesson has already started can be disruptive to the instructor and other students. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late to your lesson, we cannot guarantee your participation. If allowed to join, your lesson will still end at its scheduled time.
- Riders that are dressed inappropriately will not be allowed to participate in lessons.
- Closed-toed shoes; shirt with sleeves (shoulders must be covered for safety in the barn); long pants and appropriate outdoor clothing for the weather are required.
- Protective face covering and helmet (bike helmet will work) are required.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- Cancellations due to inclement weather will be aired on WSBS Radio (860 AM and 94.1 FM). You can always call the barn at 413-528-5299 for confirmation.
- If Blue Rider does not cancel lessons but you will not make it due to the weather, you must call by 8 a.m. or you will be charged.